st: individual effects and heteroskedasticity

From   raul gonzalez <>
Subject   st: individual effects and heteroskedasticity
Date   Wed, 12 Feb 2003 05:58:17 -0500

I'm a new user of stata and have a doubt. I want to incorporate individual effects and heteroskedasticity but xtgls does not allow for this. Would it be a good idea to xtdata, re and then use regress? (I have checked between fixed effects, random effects and poolability and re is the best). I have read that xtdata is only for looking for the best model, not to make inference. If this is not a good idea, how could I estimate a model with individual effects and heteroskedasticity?

I would appreciate your help sincerely.
Raul Gonzalez