st: RE: RE: HTML/MIME: no!!!

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: HTML/MIME: no!!!
Date   Mon, 10 Feb 2003 22:55:04 -0000

Richard Hoskins
> I guess I am missing something, but what is wrong with HTML?

My previous posting on this referred to the Statalist
FAQ. Here again is the URL

and here is the relevant section

That section leads to a pertinent link. Here
it is to save one click:

This webpage starts off:

What is wrong with sending HTML or MIME messages?
There are now six main reasons for NOT doing this:

Here's another. As many Statalist members cannot
read such messages -- either easily or even at
all -- sending them reduces your chances of
getting an answer.