Re: st: Re: Stata 8.0SE startup - no review or variable windows?

From   Fred Wolfe <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: Stata 8.0SE startup - no review or variable windows?
Date   Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:35:06 -0600

Thanks for the explanation, Alan.

I must say, however, that I find this extremely frustrating. I use two monitors and have always had the variable and review window on the right monitor, over which I often floated the the graph window. This left me with a large and unencumbered results window on the other monitor. Now you have taken away this really useful method of working. It would appear that to keep the graph open I have to cover the results with the graph window or close the variable/review window. And it isn't just the variable window that is always on top, its also the review window. It may be a kind of heresy to say this, but I don't find the GUI graphic and stat windows as something that I think I will use. I would have to say that for me this addition is a big minus. Its has reduced the easy, simple and intuitive flow of Stata

My two cents.

Fred

Now you know why the Variables window is always on top.  It has to
be.  The nice thing about making it a tool window is that, in Windows,
this also gives it the ability to move outside the main Stata window.

Fred Wolfe Tel (316) 263-2125
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases Fax (316) 263-0761
Wichita, Kansas [email protected]

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/