st: Survey regression with multi-level models

From   "C.Shaw" <>
Subject   st: Survey regression with multi-level models
Date   Mon, 30 Dec 2002 06:53:49 -0700

Dear Statalisters,

I have a multi-level dataset for which I believe a random effects or
random coefficients model would be appropriate.  However, the data were
collected from a probability sample, and I would like to account for
this in the estimation process.  Does anyone know if there is a "svy"
regression equivalent of -xtreg- or -xtgee- in Stata?  I understand that
the population-averaged model allows for pweights, but I do not believe
that it allows for clustering or stratification.  Any guidance would be
greatly appreciated.

James Shaw
Graduate Research Associciate
The University of Arizona