RE: st: "Insufficient disk space" error message running -qreg-

From   Pete Huckelba <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: "Insufficient disk space" error message running -qreg-
Date   Sun, 08 Dec 2002 10:11:07 -0600

Arne can also use the Windows environment variable "STATATMP". This variable will tell Stata to use a different location for writing its temporary files, while not affecting the TMP nor TEMP paths. As described in the semi-outdated FAQ mentioned by H�kon, you can use that syntax and start Stata from the command line, but this setting is only effective for that command session.

Inserting the path declaration in your autoexec.bat file if you are using Windows 95/98/98-SE/ME (as described in the FAQ) or in the Windows environment variable list if you are using Windows NT/2000/XP is the preferred method since Windows will remember the option the next time you reboot the machine or login.

A quick hack would be to copy and paste:

set STATATMP=d:\data\tmpfiles
cd d:\data
c:\Stata\wstata.exe

in a batch file and run it instead of the Stata executable. You can call the file anything as long as it has the .bat extension and the directory that STATATMP is pointing to must be created. You may also want/need to modify the path to the appropriate locations.

-Pete