st: match case-control studies

From   "Patrick Mcelduff" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: match case-control studies
Date   Thu, 5 Dec 2002 09:40:44 +0000

Dear all

In a recent publication the authors were analysing a matched case-
control study and they stated "We used the random effects logistic
regression procedure (xtlogit) in the software package Stata, which
allows the inclusion of all the data, including those cases with no
controls."

I imagine that in a longitudinal analysis with only two time points it
makes sense to include subjects with only one measurement
because the xtlogit command gives a weighted average of the
cross-sectional and longitudinal effects - but does this make sense
for a matched case-control study?

Thanks for your help
Patrick