st: xtgee error problem

From   Laura Gross <>
Subject   st: xtgee error problem
Date   Tue, 26 Nov 2002 08:04:19 +0000

Dear list

I am using the xtgee command to run some weighted generalized estimating
equations. I have allocated plenty of memory to Stata for this.

The command I'm using takes a simple form, for example:

xi:xtgee y i.age [iweight=weight],fam(binomial) link(logit)
corr(ind) robust

This starts to run up to about the 3rd iteration when I get the
following error message:

Application Error:P:\APPS\Stata\wstata.exe

The instruction at 00420000 referenced memory at 00000001
The memory could not be written
Click OK to terminate

I used the xtgee command before and not had this problem but now it is
happening whatever data set I use.
Could someone tell me why I am getting this error and how I can sort it
out and also if it is a Windows problem (I'm using XP) or a problem in

Many thanks in advance