st: RE: Obtaining predicted probabilities after using xtlogit

From   "David Moore" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: Obtaining predicted probabilities after using xtlogit
Date   Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:15:54 -0800

A quick scan of the adjust program indicates that it doesn't like the "xt"
commands.  At least it doesn't like them when determining whether or not to
allow the "pr" option.  You could use -predict- instead.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Sarah Burgard
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 11:52 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Obtaining predicted probabilities after using xtlogit

My apologies if this has been asked recently.

I am estimating several models using the xtlogit command with the
population-averaged option. After estimating, I use the adjust command to
obtain the adjusted predictions of xbeta. I would like to get the
predicted probabilities, but get an error message that says the pr option
(for the adjust command) is not allowed with xtgee models.

Does anyone have a way of getting the predicted probabilities?

Many thanks in advance,

Sarah Burgard
Doctoral candidate
Departments of Sociology and Epidemiology, UCLA