Re: st: RE: file wrote single opening quote

From   Ulrich Kohler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: file wrote single opening quote
Date   Mon, 18 Nov 2002 22:00:18 +0100

Nick Winter wrote:
> In general, my basic reaction to the recent threads on this sort of
> thing is that Stata is not perl, and so is not really the greatest tool
> for this sort of thing.

I aggree. The advantage of Stata is that everybody who works with Stata has
Stata, but not everybody who works with Stata has perl or awk.

Anyway, many thanks for your comments. Also thanks to Roger Newson and Nick
Cox. I will check all these things out.

uli