st: cluster dendrogram

From   Sheela Athreya <>
Subject   st: cluster dendrogram
Date   Sat, 16 Nov 2002 08:08:54 -0600 (CST)

I posted this message earlier but I do not think I succeeded.  My apologies if
it is redundant.

Has anyone using Stata for Mac OSX run into the following problem:

After performing a hierarchical clustering command, I then try to view the tree
and the most bizarre thing happens: the branches are plotted upside-down.  The
axes and labels are all in the correct places, but the tree itself is not.  The
nodes are upside-down and the ends of the dendrogram are facing up instead of
pointing to the labels.

I have a suspicion that this is a bug with OSX but I can't be sure since I
don't have access to another version of Stata.

Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Sheela Athreya
Department of Anthropology
Washington University
Campus Box 1114