st: user-specified nonlinear mixed effects models

From   "Kristopher J. Preacher" <>
Subject   st: user-specified nonlinear mixed effects models
Date   Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:01:40 -0400

Dear Stata users,

We are making the switch from S-Plus to Stata. We need to know whether (and if so, how) it is possible to fit nonlinear multilevel models (such as exponential growth curves for a large sample of individuals with many repeated measures) in Stata. In S-Plus we had been using the NLME command to good effect. If anyone has sample code they could share, please e-mail me off-list.

Thank you,

Kris Preacher
Ohio State University
* For searches and help try: