st: Poisson regression diagnostics

From   Ian Dohoo <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Poisson regression diagnostics
Date   Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:11:59 -0300

Stata colleagues:

Is there a particular reason why the list of diagnostic options available
with -predict- after poisson and negative binomial regression is so
limited?  I can get a much more complete set of diagnostic parameters
using -predict- after -glm-.  This approach is fine for poisson models, but
(as the Stata help points out) replicating -nbreg- results using -glm- is
difficult.

Are there any differences in the way that regression diagnostics are
computed after -glm- to how they would be computed after -poisson-, if
they were available (eg. the difference in residuals between -glm-
(computed 1 per observation) and -logit- (computed 1 per covariate
pattern))?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Cheers
Ian Dohoo

                        Ian R. Dohoo,
                 Professor - Epidemiology,
              Department of Health Management
                Atlantic Veterinary College
                    University of P.E.I.,
          Charlottetown, P.E.I.  C1A 4P3   CANADA
e.mail <[email protected]>  phone 902-566-0640   FAX 902-566-0823

"Life is full of obstacle illusions" ... Grant Frazier