st: constraints

From   "Kobes, Deborah" <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: constraints
Date   Thu, 3 Oct 2002 10:28:03 -0400

I would like to use the constraints:

constraint define 1 [eq1]pnsdif =
constraint define 2 [eq1]matchdif =

for a maximum likelihood estimator.

When I try to do this, I get the error:

Constraints invalid:
not possible with test

Is there any way I can set up constraints that define one coefficient in
terms of multiple other coefficients?  It works when I try to define one in
terms of only one other.

I am doing this because the ml model has two equations, each with a
different error term.  I'd like to constrain the coefficients for each part
to be equal to each other, but this has to take into consideration those
error terms.