st: converting bracketed to continuos values

From   Nahid.Tabatabai@Dartmouth.EDU (Nahid Tabatabai)
Subject   st: converting bracketed to continuos values
Date   01 Oct 2002 17:02:18 EDT

I have an account balance variable with bracketed values for some of the observations. I need to convert those bracket values to continuos values. What is the best way of doing that? What type of regression I can use for this variable? It's the dependent variable.

Thanks in advance,