Re: st: convert from unix time to calendar time

From   "Jesper B. Sorensen" <sorensen@MIT.EDU>
Subject   Re: st: convert from unix time to calendar time
Date   Thu, 26 Sep 2002 13:57:40 -0400

unless I am mssing something, you just need to convert it into days since Jan 1 1960, and then use Stata's date functions.

gen daystamp=timestamp/(24*60*60)

-- daystamp is now days since 1/1/1970.

now compute the n of days between 1/1/1960 and 1/1/1970.

. di date("1/1/1970","mdy")

replace daystamp=daystamp+3653

format daystamp %d