st: constraint for mlogit

From   "Hannah Kewsberry" <>
Subject   st: constraint for mlogit
Date   Thu, 26 Sep 2002 07:47:29 +0000

Hi All Stata Users,

I hope I won't bore all of you with my constraint questions and instead I hope my questions might help to inspire more research using this technique. Anyway, I have read the help file for mlogit but it didn't offer template for constraint of a single estimate in mlogit estimations. Can anyone offer any suggestions, let's say hypothetically my dependent variable is: Transport (1) bus (2) car and (3) train
and my independent variables are age, income, distance to work and gender. What contraint command shall I use if I were to constraint only income variable in this case? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

* For searches and help try: