Re: st: RedHat 7.3 and stata

From   [email protected] (Philippe Glaziou)
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RedHat 7.3 and stata
Date   Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:41:41 +0700

Henrik St�vring <[email protected]> wrote:
> This is a message for all using Stata 7 on an updated RedHat 7.3:
> Version 5.2 of the package ncurses is not compatible with Stata 7, and
> this will disallow you to run Stata in non-GUI-mode. The remedy I found,
> was to install a package providing backwards compatibility, ie.
> ncurses4-5.0-5.i386.rpm, available from rpmfind. I think Stata should
> consider updating their executables so as to make them compatible with
> the newest versions of the ncurses library.

I use another Linux updated distribution (Debian Sarge), and stata
console runs very well with ncurses version 5.2 on my machine.

--
Philippe Glaziou <[email protected]>