st: RE: Using another editor in Windows Stata 7

From   "Frank de Libero" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Using another editor in Windows Stata 7
Date   Sat, 21 Sep 2002 15:16:47 -0700

If in Stata you were to -findit editor- you'd find a link to a FAQ on using
text editors and Stata (a very interesting FAQ, in fact). So, e.g., pasting
from the FAQ:
Adding an editor to your menu system (Jens M. Lauritsen)
Edit the contents of your profile.do to include a line like
qui window menu append string "Edit" "&P Pfe" "winexec \program
files\pfe\pfe32.exe"
This example would add the Windows editor PFE, which I use, to the Edit menu
of Stata. Naturally, change the details given your own editor and its
location on your system.
I think you'll find all the info there that you need.

BTW, I live in Lacey, so if you want to discuss this or other Stata issues
one-on-one, I can be reached at 360.493.0060.

Ciao..Frank