Re: st: problems starting xstata

From   Pete Huckelba <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: problems starting xstata
Date   Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:55:53 -0500

Stata not starting is a bit ambiguous. Did you receive any error message[s]? What _exactly_ are you typing to try and start xstata? You may find that you need to contact Stata's Technical Support to get some help with this. I recommend sending email to [email protected] with the following information:

1. operating system - including distribution and version
2. window manager
3. contents of your $PATH variable
4. contents of your $DISPLAY variable
5. log of a session trying to start xstata.

From a prompt, you could do something like:

$ uname -a > ~/logtostata
$ cat ~/.X* >> ~/logtostata
$ echo $PATH >> ~/logtostata
$ echo $DISPLAY >> ~/logtostata
$ strace /usr/local/stata/xstata >> ~/logtostata

and then email that log to support for more help.

Pete