st: easier way to rename?

From   "Radu Ban" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: easier way to rename?
Date   Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:34:42 -0400

I want to rename my variables (which now have long names since they come
from an excel sheet). I would like to know if there is a quick way to rename
a recurring word to an abbreviation.
For example, a lot of my variables contain the word 'households' and I would
like to rename it to 'hh' for easier access later. I know there's renpfix,
but this only takes care of characters at the start of the variable name.
Thank you,

Radu Ban