Re: st: Measurement Error in Nonlinear Models

From   [email protected] (Roberto G. Gutierrez, StataCorp.)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Measurement Error in Nonlinear Models
Date   Fri, 06 Sep 2002 10:00:53 -0500

Dr Murray Finkelstein <[email protected]> asks:

> There is an interesting new listing at the Stata book store "Measurement
> Error in Nonlinear Models".

> The blurb states that software to compute these models "will be available".
> Does anyone have any information about "when" and "how"?

As the author of the "blurb", I apologize for getting things a bit out of
order as far as the dissemination of information goes.

The software for nonlinear measurement models will be made available as part
of a short course led by Ray Carroll to take place on the second day of the
2003 North American Stata Users's Group meeting on March 17-18, 2003.  My
guess is that there is little chance the software will be available before
then.

We intended to make the official announcement concerning the short course
sooner, but we were delayed in handling all the logistics necessary to make
sure that people could enroll once the announcement was made.

The official announcement will be made Monday or Tuesday.  Even though I've
let the cat out of the bag, I ask that you wait until the official
announcement before inquiring further about enrollment, software, etc.

--Bobby