st: Graph Window (Linux)

From   Ulrich Kohler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Graph Window (Linux)
Date   Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:33:45 +0000

hi all,

I have a Do-File which produces some graphs. I like to run the Do-File while
doing something else in another program.  For each graph produced by the
Do-File, I got the graph window on the top of my screen, forcing me to
ALT+TAB back to the other program. The same happens with every new graph
produced by the Do-File. The Do-File produces 137 graphs.

This makes it almost impossible to do anything except sitting in front of the
screen and looking how Stata produces one graph after another. I wonder if it
is possible to let Stata open the graph window somewhere in the backround.

I know I can

.. set graph off

but I translate the graphs to .eps with

.. translate @Graph xyz.eps, replace

and this requires that a graph window is opened.

Any hints how to proceed? I use xstata 7.0 and KDE.

uli