st: RE: question matrix

From   "Jennifer Ng" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: question matrix
Date   Mon, 2 Sep 2002 12:22:20 -0700

-----Original Message-----
[]On Behalf Of Michael
Sent: Monday, September 02, 2002 9:24 AM
Subject: st: question matrix

Dear Statalist contributors,
I am currently dealing with the following problem. I have a dataset with 86
variables (representing legislative proposal of the European Commission) and
17 objects - the 15 member states with the European PArliament and the
Commission. The Cells represent the preferences of the actors (0-100) on the
86 issues.
I am trying to figure out how often the 17 actors have identical values,
i.e. preferences across the 86 variables. Additionally, I must find out how
many different political dimensions (e.g. pro vs. anti-integration,
left-right, regulation-non-regulation) these preference configurations
This probably involves the creation of 86 identical matrixes and dummy
values of 1 meaning identical preferences and 0 non-identical preferences.
How can this be done in Stata? I have very little experience with the
program or statistics in general.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Werden Sie Mitglied bei MSN Hotmail, dem größten E-Mail-Service der Welt: