st: RE: Equivalent in Stata for lsmean command from SAS

From   "Sayer, Bryan" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Equivalent in Stata for lsmean command from SAS
Date   Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:24:02 -0400

LSMEANS produces the CONDITIONAL adjusted mean (conditional on the x-bars).
Marginal effects at the mean are equivalent.  In my opinion, conditional
means should only be used with linear (mean based) models.  For a more
complete discussion, see (as usual) Korn, E. & Graubard, B. "Marginal
Predictions for Survey Data" Biometrics, about June 1999.  I don't have the
article handy, so I might be a bit off on the title.  You can ignore the
survey design issues if you don't have survey data.  The rest stays the
same.

Bryan Sayer
Statistician, SSS Inc.
[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: Cecile DELHUMEAU [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 8:18 AM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: st: Equivalent in Stata for lsmean command from SAS

> You would get better advice, I bet, if you told us exactly what LSMEANS
does.

LSMEANS produces the adjusted mean for each class of a variable of interest.

Exemple :

proc glm;
 class age Cas sexec;
 model vitA  = age Cas sexec;
 lsmeans Cas / stderr;
run;

In this case, lsmean give the mean ajusted by sexe and age of vitamine A for
each class of the variable Cas : case and control.

Equivalent in STATA : ???

Thank's for your help !

Cecile