Re: st: Graphics translation: eps bounding box question

From   Antoine Terracol <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Graphics translation: eps bounding box question
Date   Thu, 08 Aug 2002 12:27:36 +0200

Roger Newson wrote:

What version of GhostView/Script are you using? I use GSView Version 4.2 (dated 7 Feb 2002), and it can handle non-integer bounding boxes by converting them to integers for display purposes, although it queries the user before doing so.

Roger,
You are right about recent versions of GSView/Script correctly handling non-integer boundig boxes (despites the error message).
However, it becomes more annoying when you start using tools such as epstool or eps2pdf (which is a vital tool if you're using pdfTeX...), because they will refuse to work with non integer coordinates for the bounding box.
I think Statacorp should correct this 'bug'. For the time being, I have written a quick-and-dirty wrapper for -translate@Graph- which uses -file- to remove the trailing decimals from the coordinates.
If anyone on the list is interested, they can email me privately and I will send them the .ado file.

Best,
Antoine

*
* For searches and help try: