st: kde bootstrapping

Subject   st: kde bootstrapping
Date   Tue, 06 Aug 2002 11:34:31 -0500 (CDT)

Dear Sangeeta:

You can try our programs for testing the modality of univariate data:

STB-38  snp13  . Nonparametric assessment of multimodality for univariate data
        (help warpdenm if installed) . . . . Salgado-Ugarte, Shimizu, Taniuchi
        7/97    pp.27--35; STB Reprints Vol 7, pp.232--243
        implementation of smoothed bootstrap procedure of Silverman for
        multimodality assessment

With the ado-files included you can bootstrap kde's and later to count the
number of modes one by one interectivelly or automatically with the silvtest.ado
program and sending the result listing to a log file (to keep track of any
single result).

Hope this could help.

Isaías H. Salgado-Ugarte

Mensaje citado por: Sangeeta Goyal <>:

> Hello,
> I need to bootstrap kernel density estimates for a single variable and
> calculate and save their first and second derivatives in order to count
> the
> number of turning points. Any help will be welcome.
> Thanks.
> Sangeeta
> *
> *   For searches and help try: