RE: st: RE: generating percentage data set

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: generating percentage data set
Date   Tue, 30 Jul 2002 18:51:57 +0100

Michael Carney

> I think I would likely consider it a formula: i'd like to
> generate a new
> variable in which each observation of the variable price,
> for example, is
> subrtacted from its previous observation. E.g., if obs1 in
> "price" is 100 and
> obs2 is 75 i would like the first observation in "change in
> price" to be -25,
> and so forth.

I don't understand how this relates to the previous
formulation, but this sounds like, given variables
-time- and -price-,

tsset time
gen chprice = D.price
gen pcchprice = 100 * D.price / L.price