st: RE: generating percentage data set

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: generating percentage data set
Date   Tue, 30 Jul 2002 18:01:09 +0100

Michael Carney

> If I have two columns, one for the percentage of a year for
> which an option is good and another column for the corresponging
> price, how can I manipulate the
> data to create a "change in price / change in time" column?
> any help would be appreciated.

Are you asking for a formula or algorithm?

Or do you have some formula or algorithm?
If so, please tell us what it is.
> also, does anyone know of any stata help manuals/resources
> that deal with how
> to use stata for primarily financial/economic data?

Books on Stata

If anybody knows anything not on these lists,
please tell Stata Corp.