st: RE: Italian keyboards

From   Finne H�kon <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: Italian keyboards
Date   Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:48:52 +0200

My experience is limited to PCs (i.e. Windows). In all(?) but the US English
keyboard, the right Alt key is named AltGr and is used for accessing the
three characters that Michael mentions plus a host of others, except that
all are not available in all layouts.
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/keyboards/keyboards.asp
contains (all?) national keyboard layouts/mappings that MS-Windows 2000
provides (you must use JavaScript enabled Microsoft Internet Explorer to see
them at this site). Two Italian keyboard mappings exist, one of which
(Italian 142) contains the three characters in question. It is possible to
have several keyboard mappings resident at one time to make switching easy.
Apparently the "Italian 142" was not available under Windows 95, see
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/dis_v1/disv1.asp?DID=dis45d&File=S25B8.as

--H�kon
[email protected]