st: aspect ratio of saved graphs

From   Finne Håkon <>
Subject   st: aspect ratio of saved graphs
Date   Sat, 29 Jun 2002 11:55:22 +0200

Dear Statalisters,

graph mpg weight, xsize(5) ysize(5) saving(mpg, replace)

draws a square graph window. But then

graph using mpg

draws a 6x4 graph window. It helps typing

graph using mpg, xsize(5) ysize(5)

but that shouldn't really be necessary, particularly since one may not know
what xsize and ysize a graph was saved with.

What can I do to avoid this problem? I have, of course, set Graph
preferences -> Graph window -> Use size from graph file. I use Intercooled
Stata 7 for Windows (born 08 May 2002).

-- Håkon