st: Questions about matrix operations

From   "Wolff" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Questions about matrix operations
Date   Mon, 17 Jun 2002 15:37:19 -0400

Hey folks,
I have a simple problem.  I have a regression with three variables.  I
would like to create a new variable equal to the sum of the estimated
coefficients times the variable values.  The coefficients are saved in
the matrix e(b).  I would like to do something like newvar=e(b)'*[var1
var2 var3].  Since e(b)' is 1X3 and the next matrix is 3X1, I thought it
would generate a scalar.  Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

Eric D. Wolff
Graduate School of Industrial Administration, Room 313
Carnegie-Mellon University
Tech and Frew
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
(412) 268-2939 (office)