st: Fischer Exact Test

From   "JiTian Sheu" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Fischer Exact Test
Date   Sun, 9 Jun 2002 22:57:14 -0400

Dear listers:
In STATA, I can use -tabulate- for obtaining values of Chi-square test and
Fischer Exact test for a 2X2 table.
However, suppose, instead of 2X2, the dimemsion of table is 2XC, where C>2,
then can I still obtain Fischer Exact test p-value?(I know, Chi-square test
value is still obtainable.)

I check the manual, it seems, STATA does not restrict the dimemsion of table
for Fischer Exact Test, however, suppose my table is a 2XC(C>2), then STATA
can not do the fischer exact test via command of -tabulate-.
Does anyone have method for solving this?

Thank you very much.