Stata Installation Qualification Tool
The Stata Installation Qualification Tool (IQT) verifies that Stata has
been installed properly and that any subsequent software updates are also
This page is intended for users of Stata 11.1 and Stata 11.2. If you have
a newer version of Stata, please
visit the main Stata IQT
page to download the appropriate tool for your version of Stata.
This version of the Stata IQT is designed for use with Stata 11.1 and 11.2.
It will not work with earlier versions of Stata, including Stata 11.0.
If you have Stata 11.0 and wish to use the Stata IQT, please
install the free update to
Stata 11.2 first. This version of the Stata IQT exists for Windows
- Obtain the Stata IQT installer:
- Run the installer.
- The Stata IQT will be installed in the Start Menu folder Stata 11 IQT.
Start the Stata IQT by navigating to Start Menu > Stata 11 IQT >
Stata Installation Qualification Tool.
- Browse to and select the Stata installation directory. If Stata is
installed in a standard location, this directory is selected
- Obtain the current qualification source file by using one of these
- Click on the link labeled
download qualification source...
from within the Stata IQT.
- Download the file by clicking here.
- Browse to the previously downloaded qualification source file and
select it as the qualification source.
- Select the revision date that matches your Stata installation.
If you do not know the revision date of your Stata installation,
type update in Stata and note the date of the
currently installed ado-file updates.
- Click on Run Test.
- Review the summary information.
- Print the results or export a PDF report, if desired.
Note: The buttons for Print and Export will generate
a full report. Additional options for generating summary
or failure reports can be found in the File menu.
The Stata IQT produces a report that
fully documents the installation status of Stata.
The report contains summary information that includes the date the
report was created; the user who created the report; the name and
operating system of the computer on which the report was created;
information about the Stata installation being checked; and counts
of files checked, passed, failed, and missing.
The report also includes a detailed listing of every file checked
by the Stata IQT. For each file, 128-bit MD5 checksums are calculated
and compared against the official checksum for that file.
Files are marked as “Passed”, “Failed”, “Missing”, or “N/A” (not applicable).
A file is marked as not applicable if it is an official Stata file but
is not required for this installation of Stata and is not found.
- The Stata IQT checks thousands of files in the Stata installation
directory; therefore, it can take a few minutes to run.
- The detailed report produced by the Stata IQT contains one line for each
of the thousands of checked files. If you print the full report, be
aware that it may be hundreds of pages long. Options under the
File menu allow you to print or export a short summary, instead.
Here are two sample reports produced by the Stata IQT:
- Example of successful qualification: pass.pdf
- Example of unsuccessful qualification: fail.pdf