Re: st: Strings that give missing values as SIF

From   Paul <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Strings that give missing values as SIF
Date   Wed, 23 Apr 2014 12:22:14 +1000

Thanks to both Sergiy and Nick, I found the solution with the following
action:
1. I imported the Excel file as xls, not csv
2. The format shown for import_time in Stata is %tcnn/dd/ccYY_hh:MM, so I
created  a SIF date variable for import_time using the Nick Cox clue in
email 22 April

gen ImportTime = dofc(import_time)
format ImportTime %td
list ImportTime in 1/5