st: SADI now for Mac (Intel 64) also

From   Brendan Halpin <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject   st: SADI now for Mac (Intel 64) also
Date   Tue, 15 Apr 2014 23:26:26 +0100

Thanks to Glenn Hoetker of Arizona State University, the SADI sequence
analysis tools for Stata will now work on Macintosh (at least Intel-64
Macs).

I know a large minority of Stata users is Mac-based, and it's been
embarrassing to fail to include them up to now. The problem is that the
core functionality is provided as plugins, which need to be compiled
separately for each platform.

If you are on another platform and would like to use these tools, please
contact me. Compilation on Solaris, for example, should be quite
straightforward.

To install SADI:

. net from http://teaching.sociology.ul.ie/sadi
. net install sadi

To download ancillary files, including the C-code for the plugins:
. net get sadi

The only material change in SADI, compared with the version I announced
on 3 April, is the addition of Mac plugins and the inclusion of the
C-code as ancillary files.

See http://www.ul.ie/sociology/pubs/wp2014-03.pdf for more information
about using SADI for sequence analysis, including worked examples.

Regards,

Brendan
--
Brendan Halpin, Head, Department of Sociology, University of Limerick, Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147  f +353-61-202569  h +353-61-338562;  Room F1-002 x 3147