st: PSM and clustering of observations

From   Dimitri Silva <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: PSM and clustering of observations
Date   Mon, 7 Apr 2014 14:56:50 +0000

Dear Statalisters,

I'm using propensity score methods for estimating the impact of a treatment, but I'm having a practical difficulty: The probability of treatment is estimated at the household level, but for some outcomes the treatment effect needs to be computed at the individual.

Since more there is more than one observation per household, I would like to know if it is possible to cluster observations at the household level in order to account for the non-independence of outcomes within household units.

Thank you very much for the help.

Dimitri Silva.