st: merging - unique observations

From   Andreas Dimopoulos <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: merging - unique observations
Date   Sat, 05 Apr 2014 22:47:25 +0100

Good evening,

I have two datasets where the first one contains pairs of countries and
their in between trade for different years and another dataset which has
the pair of countries and their in between distance etc (which don't change
over time). I tried to merge those two datasets based on the things I have
read but stata tells me that the observations cannot be uniquely
identified.

Any piece of advise?

Regards,
Andrew