RE: st: RE: BHPS

From   Yasir Zuberi <[email protected]>
To   "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: BHPS
Date   Tue, 1 Apr 2014 14:46:30 +0100

Hi,

I hope you are well. I have used the BHPS and extracted the info sex sctype smoke nicigs pid age wave. And I have ran LPM regressions and Logit Regessions. However, I was interested in looking at the time trend by looking at rates of cessation (smoking t and not smoking at t+1) using logistic regression. is this similar to the code "xtreg cigarettes i.sctype age i.wave, i(pid) re"? Could you please give any advice in how to do this.

In addition to this can you explain why we use random effects as apposed to fixed effects with the BHPS - when the Hausman test results indicates fixed effects. Is the reasoning because of the assumptions which are made?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Yasir