st: ordinal mixed effects model with interaction and quadratic terms

From   "Pritsch, Julian" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: ordinal mixed effects model with interaction and quadratic terms
Date   Fri, 28 Mar 2014 19:59:18 +0000

Dear statalist-users,

I am estimating a ordinal multilevel model using the -meologit- command. My dependent variable has 4 categories (0-3).
In my Level-1 model I introduced a dummy for sex (sex) and a z-standardized version of age (agez). Additionally, I introduced and z-standardized squared-term of age (age_sqz) because I want to show non-linear effects of age on my DV.

My question is twofold:
(1)  I want to introduce an interaction term of sex & agez: Do I also need to form an interaction term of sex and the squared version of agez to specify my model correctly?

(2) After estimating my model I would like to find out (using the -marginsplot- command), if there are any differences  between male and female respondents regarding the age effect.

Regarding question (2) I tried the following:

---------------------code-----------------------------------------------
*for outcome(0)
margins sex, at(agez=(-1.88 -1.19 0.01 1.11 1.85)) vsquish ///
		  level(99) ///
		  predict(outcome(0) fixedonly)

*Note: the values for agez are the 2/15/50/85/98-percentile to represent -2SD/-1SD/ 0 /+1SD/+2SD

I repeat that syntax for every outcome(0,1,2,3) and will try to combine the graphs.

Is there a more elegant way to do this? And what about the interaction of sex and the squared term of age (age_sqz)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Julian
_________________

Julian Pritsch, Dipl.-Soz.