Re: st: use13save12

Subject   Re: st: use13save12
Date   Fri, 21 Mar 2014 21:57:14 -0400

For the scenario "my colleague gave me a Stata 13 file, but I am still
using Stata 12" install and use the command -use13-

Note that you don't need to -saveold- from Stata 12. After you typed
"use13 data13.dta", you can simply save "data12.dta". The file
'data12.dta' will be accessible in Stata 12 afterwards (and will be in
Stata 12 format). But if you intend to convert the data for e.g. Stata
11 user, give him the original Stata 13 file instead, and point to
-use13-.

use13save12 is by a different author (Lars Angquist), and it uses my
-use13- internally and is useful if you intend to convert the whole
folder of files.

Finally, note that there is a -use12- command:
http://www.radyakin.org/transfer/use12/use12.htm

Best, Sergiy Radyakin