st: sem mediation analysis - categorial mediator

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: sem mediation analysis - categorial mediator
Date   Wed, 19 Mar 2014 08:04:39 +0100

I did an mediation analysis in STATA 12 with sem. My dependent variable is
"life satisfaction" (continuous) and my mediator variable is "employment
status" (categorial (four categories)). (And I use several independent
variables.)
Do you know how STATA is handling the path from the independent variable
on the mediator? If I would not test this path with structural equation
modeling I had to test it with a multinomial logistic regression. So I do
interpret my output coefficients of that specific path as relative risk
ratios or like the regression coefficients of the other paths (e.g.
mediator -->DV)?
Maybe you can recommend me some literatur on that topic. That would be great!

  Thank you very very much, Sabrina