st: correlating responses within the same variable

From   Patrick Abi Nader <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: correlating responses within the same variable
Date   Tue, 18 Mar 2014 12:29:33 -0700

Hello Stata users,

Thank you everyone that helps out!
I am using stata 13 and have 147 variables and 236 observations.

Observations represent information collected on children. Children may
be siblings I have 163 families.

I want to see if responses of families with multiple children were
similar for each one of those children. for example I have variable x,
that was measured on z1, and z2 (from family 1), and on z3, z4 ( from
family 2). I want to know if answers for each child from the same
family were the same on x. How do you suggest I do that? I am thinking
that I may need to create new variables but I am not sure conceptually
how to go about that.

I already created a variable tagging families by using this code
egen tag= tag(family_id) (thanks to Nick)

Any input is welcome

Thank you
--
Patrick Abi Nader, MS

"So even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for
your growth so is he for your pruning."

"Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a
moving sea between the shores of your souls."

"Fill each others cup but drink not from one cup."

"Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf."

Khalil Gibran

"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most
intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. " Charles darwin