st: Best practices for using estout / esttab with LaTeX ctable or threeparttable?

From   Bert Lloyd <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Best practices for using estout / esttab with LaTeX ctable or threeparttable?
Date   Tue, 18 Mar 2014 12:16:02 -0400

Dear Statalist,

I currently use the excellent user-written estout and esttab (from
SSC) to create LaTeX tables of regression results, summary statistics,
etc.

I would like to take advantage of some of the extra functionality in
the LaTeX ctable or threeparttable packages, in particular the
improved handling of table footnotes.

Do Statalist users have any best practices for using estout and esttab
to produce output for ctable or threeparttable? I especially would
like to retain the nice formatting available via the booktabs package
(option in esttab / estout).

Best,

BL

PS: