Re: st: Using the ASCII Code Character Map

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Using the ASCII Code Character Map
Date   Mon, 17 Mar 2014 15:11:35 +0000

Your do-file defines locals in its own space. While the do-file
executes, they are invisible elsewhere. As soon as the do-files
terminates, they are gone.

There are ways round this, but the simplest for you is that you can
and should use globals instead

local Chh=char(200)

becomes

global Chh = char(200)

replace country="Slova${Chh}ka" in 8

You should also be able to do this.

replace country="Slova`=char(200)'ka" in 8

or this