st: mi impute chained truncreg

From   Leah Schinasi <[email protected]>
Subject   st: mi impute chained truncreg
Date   Wed, 12 Mar 2014 15:38:41 +0000

Dear Statalist,

When I run mi impute chained with truncreg and specify lower and upper limits for the imputed variable, is it possible to specify as a lower or upper limit another variable that we are trying to impute? When I try this, I receive error messages saying that the initial values are not feasible.

Here is a simple line of code as an example:
mi impute chained (truncreg, ll(birthyear) ul(endyear)) startyear (truncreg; ll(birthyear) ul(enrollmentyear)) endyear

Note: both endyear and startyear have missing values.

I will appreciate any insight that list members might have.

Thanks in advance!
This message and its attachments are strictly confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, please immediately notify
the sender and delete it. Since its integrity cannot be guaranteed,
its content cannot involve the sender's responsibility. Any misuse,
any disclosure or publication of its content, either whole or partial,
is prohibited, exception made of formally approved use