Re: st: first stage results using ivregress with vce(cluster)

From   Alfonso Sánchez-Peñalver <[email protected]>
To   Stata List <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: first stage results using ivregress with vce(cluster)
Date   Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:03:50 -0400

Hi again Souvik,

to test for endogeneity and the validity of the instruments more formal tests are preferred than just inferencing on the results from the first stage. See -help ivregress_postestimation-. Both -estat endogenous- and -estat overid- provide Wooldridge’s (1995) robust score tests. Also -estat firststage- accounts for the robustness of the VCE if I’m not wrong.

Wooldridge, J. M. 1995.  Score diagnostics for linear models estimated by two stage least squares.  In Advances in Econometrics and Quantitative Economics: Essays in Honor of Professor C. R. Rao, ed. G. S. Maddala, P. C. B. Phillips, and T. N. Srinivasan, 66-87.  Oxford: Blackwell.

Best,

Alfonso Sánchez-Peñalver, PhD