st: Reading text document

From   chamara Anuranga <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Reading text document
Date   Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:27:32 +0530

Dear All,

I tried to read an text document and it did not read the information
properly. (Using insheet command). Then I check the content using type
command and it shows some strange output on Stata which is not visible
on notepad.

If text file opened on notepad it shows  year variable as
Year

If use type command on Stata and look at the data it shows

I could not identify these extra period between letters.
Anybody knows what is going on with this text document and why it does
not read the data to Stata properly.

Thanks,
Chamara