st: Reshape to long problems

From   Philipp Hagspiel <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Reshape to long problems
Date   Mon, 10 Mar 2014 19:02:04 +0100

hi,

I have an excel sheet that shows stock prices for each firm on each trading day for about 800 firms and 10 years of time.

Firms are displayed in the first row (with their German stock code "WKN") and the daily date is displayed in the first column (in this format: "10.03.2014").

How can I achieve that firms are listed in a column (meaning that "WKN" is the variable and each firm an observation) and dates are separately listed for each firm. It should then look like this:

Firm         Date                Price
1          01.01.2014         56,35
.           02.01.2014         56,40
.           03.01.2014         57,50
.                .
.                .

2          01.01.2014         13,21
.           02.01.2014          12,95
.
.
3
.
.
.

Later I want to append several more varibles besides price for each firm on each date... -reshape- does not really help, does it? If yes, how would I have to modify my data?

Many thanks in advance!!!