Re: st: Get list of non-omitted variables after a regression

From   "Roger B. Newson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Get list of non-omitted variables after a regression
Date   Mon, 10 Mar 2014 14:13:30 +0000

Another possibility is to use the -parmest- package, which you can download from SSC, to create an output dataset (or resultsset) with 1 observation per parameter and data on parameter names, estimates, confidence limits, P-values and other parameter attributes. -parmest- has an -omit- option, which causes the resultsset to contain a binary variable -omit-, indicating that the parameter is omitted. You can also download the -parmparse- package from SSC, which is intended to be used in -parmest- resultssets, and which can extract other information from the parameter name, such as the factors involved and the base-category status for each factor. -parmest- is very useful for mass-production of parameters, which you seem to be doing.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
Respiratory Epidemiology, Occupational Medicine
and Public Health Group
National Heart and Lung Institute
Imperial College London
Royal Brompton Campus