Re: st: cluster analysis: differences between clusters

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: cluster analysis: differences between clusters
Date   Fri, 7 Mar 2014 16:20:36 +0000

Interesting, but unless there is some clever trick in there I doubt
that the bootstrapping can do justice to the dependence structure of
sequence data.

Sequences are correlated (usually) and clusters are similar (by intent
if not design) and they would be much less interesting or useful
otherwise. Still an inferential quagmire and nightmare all in one...